It is now part of our daily life: The Mask, and one thing is for certain, it is not going away anytime soon. For many of us who are wearing a mask for long periods of time, we are noticing a change in our skin on the lower part of our face. For some of us it is all around our mouth and chin and for others it is just the chin area. It may be simple irritation, redness or pimples or more serious acne breakouts. Your mask may definitely be the culprit.
There is officially a new term for this: MASKNE: Mask + Acne
Unfortunately it is real and not just a marketing term. We have put together some suggestions on how to help avoid this problem as well as products to help you treat Maskne if you have it.
How to avoid Maskne?
1) First of all, make sure you always wear a clean mask and ideally made from natural materials.
2) Make sure you wash your face well in the morning before putting on your mask and at night before going to bed.
3) Adapt your routine by integrating products, cleansers, lotions, masks, which will be able to unclog the pores.
4) Keep an S.O.S product for pimples close at hand for spot treatments to help treat breakouts as soon as possible!
5) Schedule regular appointments with your aesthetician. They will be able to deeply cleanse the skin to minimize the possible appearance of pimples while giving you the best advice possible to deal with this new reality.
6) We all need to wear a mask to keep ourselves and others safe, but let your skin breath as much as possible.
Say goodbye to mask induced breakouts from stressed and congested skin by adding these products to your routine.
Your New Best Friends For Clear Skin
Purifying Cleanser TATA HARPER This cleanser combats the daily wear and tear of environmental exposure and pollution by effectively clearing pores of excess oil, dead skin, and buildup while maintaining the skin's moisture balance.
Botanical Infused Sebu-Tone Clarifier ENVIRON This toner helps to remove the build-up of dead surface skin and assists in minimizing the appearance of an oily shine, leaving the skin looking smoother and more refined.
Exfoliate Fruit Extract Face Toner HUNA With Neroli and Citrus exfoliates, this toner clarifies, renews and tones skin gently and naturally by sloughing away dead skin cells leaving behind skin that is renewed, toned, clarified and glowing.
Kukui & Jojoba Bead Skin Brightening Exfoliator PAI SKINCARE An innovative and ultra-gentle approach to exfoliation. Unlike other exfoliators, whose uneven grains can damage and irritate healthy skin, Pai's clever Micro-Sphere system is formulated to protect as it polishes.
Acne Treatment Lotion VIVIER This lotion effectively clears and prevents the formation of new acne pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. Ideal for acneic skin and may also be used as a spot treatment for occasional breakouts.
Brightening Mask SAHAJAN Mask your way to glowing skin with this Ayurvedic blend of botanicals. With potent natural and amino acid rich ingredients to help balance, tone and nourish the skin and AHAs to gently exfoliate, that coveted dewy glow is yours.
Sebu-Spot Blemish Gel ENVIRON A targeted spot treatment that is specifically formulated to assist in improving the appearance of visible spots and blemishes. Promotes antioxidant and antimicrobial activity for cleaner, healthier clearer skin.