Skin types include normal, oily, combination, dry and dehydrated and sensitive skin. It is possible to have a combination of skin types in different areas of the skin. As well, your skin type may change over time and as you age. Your skin type is dependent on:
- The hydration level of your skin which affects the skin’s elasticity and comfort
- The Oil (lipid) content which will affect the skin's softness
- Sensitivity level
Oiliness can change depending upon the time of year or the weather. Oily skin may produce the following:
- Enlarged pores
- A dull or shiny and thick complexion
- Blackheads, pimples, or other blemishes
Oily skin may be caused or made worse by:
- Hormonal changes
- Excessive heat or humidity
To help treat oily skin we suggest the following:
- Cleansing your skin no more than twice a day or after you perspire heavily. It is a misconception to think cleansing your skin more often will help.
- Use a gentle cleanser that is made specifically for oily skin
- Never squeeze blackheads or pimples. This will only aggravate the problem and may lead to infections.
- Use products that are noncomedogenic – oil free. These products will help to not clog the pores.
We have included products here that are best suited to oily skin. If you are not sure which product is right for you, please give us a call at 1-855-687-3886.