Dry & Dehydrated Skin
Skin types include normal, oily, combination, dry and dehydrated and sensitive. It is possible to have a combination of skin types in different areas of the skin. As well, your skin type may change over time and as you age. Your skin type is dependent on:
- The hydration level of your skin which affects the skin’s elasticity and comfort
- The Oil (lipid) content which will affect the skin's softness
- Sensitivity level
Dry Skin may produce:
- A dull complexion with almost invisible pores
- Redness and red patches
- Less elasticity
- Visible fine lines and wrinkles
Dry skin may be caused or made worse by the following:
- Genetic factors
- Aging or hormonal changes
- Weather such as wind, sun, or cold
- Excessive indoor heating
- Long hot baths or showers
- Ingredients in soaps, cosmetics, or cleansers that are not made specifically for skin care use
To help treat dry skin we suggest the following:
- Take shorter showers and baths, no more than once daily.
- Use a gentle cleanser made specifically for skin care
- Apply a moisturizer right after cleansing your face while the skin is still damp.
We have included products here that are best suited to dry skin. If you are not sure which product is right for you, please give us a call at 1-855-687-3886.